It probably doesn’t sound like a lot to complete a “self-care task” daily for two weeks, but it might be harder than you think! We spend our days taking the very best care we can of all the people we love, but how often do we check in with ourselves? A quick and daily check in with yourself- time dedicated just to you, can make a world of difference. For this self-care challenge, I want you to dedicate a half hour (or more if you wish and are able!) of your time to one of these tasks listed below. I encourage you throughout this journey to reflect upon how you feel after each of these activities, and to see how this changes you, your mood, resiliency, and happiness over the course of the two-week period! You could even keep a small log or journal about it.
- Read a good book.
- Reflect upon and write a list of things you’re grateful for.
- Listen to your favorite music and relax.
- Take a warm bath with lavender (or whatever is your favorite scented Epsom) salts.
- Go for a walk or work out.
- Talk with a loved one.
- Take a total social media or cell phone break!
- Make a coffee date with a best friend or a loved one.
- Write down and recite some positive affirmations.
- Prepare and take your time enjoying a healthy snack.
- Take a nap.
- Give your best friend a call on the phone.
- Listen to your favorite playlist!
- Create a work of art!
These tasks are relatively easy to complete but done daily can help to completely rewire your brain toward happiness and relaxation. I know we all have lives and things that get in the way but I challenge you to continue to try to complete some of your favorite tasks off this list 4 times a week (more if you can!) to treat yourself the very best you can.
What’s your favorite thing to do to take really great care of yourself? I love to journal and walk outside. I hope that you’re able to stick with this challenge for the full two weeks and even beyond because you deserve all the love and care in the world!