- Pick a something that is fun for you- none of us want or need another chore!
- Make time for what you’re trying to do each day. If you’re consciously making time and space for it in your life, this will manifest a natural motivation for it.
- Try to complete your task at the same time each day. This will make this new hobby a part of your routine.
- Make this task as easy as possible to complete. For example, if your new goal is to begin writing down 3 things you’re grateful for each day, keep the journal and pen at your bedside and complete it first thing in the morning.
- Get a friend or co-worker involved in your new routine or goal to help keep you motivated and accountable!
- Make weekly and monthly goals for yourself and your new routine and review them often, making additions and revisions when necessary.
- Don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t reach a goal you’ve set. We all make mistakes, have lives and get busy. Each day is a chance to start new and work toward being your very best self!
- Most importantly, don’t give up! It takes most people around 60 days to form a true habit.
What are some of your favorite ways to stay motivated?
Good luck sticking to all your life goals and happy hunting for good habits!
Lots of love,