In case you have gotten off-track with your goals and aspirations for this year, or just would like a little inspiration- I’ve compiled a list of some amazing self-care tips to put you right back on track!
- Take a look at the relationships in your life. Make sure that you are nurturing, growing, and spending your time with the positive relationships in your life. Also make sure that you are distancing yourself from, working on, and if necessary even ending those toxic relationships. We all know what kind of torture and stress terrible relationships put on our hearts, whether they are love interests, friendships, or even bad relationships with family members.
- Start making daily gratitude lists. This can show gratitude for very simple or more complex things. Make your list at the same day each time so that the habit will be ingrained into your daily routine. You’ll see your perspective shift to a more positive outlook in no time!
- Learn something new. Add to your skill set! Is there something that you have been wanting to try or learn but haven’t felt that you’ve had the time? What’s a dedicated 10 minutes per day that’s going toward the betterment of you and an interest you have? I think anyone can find 10 minutes a day, and you won’t be sorry you did!
- Set personal boundaries. Setting limits with others; what is acceptable in the way other people do or don’t treat us? You need to use your self worth to identify exactly what you need from the people in your life and communicate that in terms that are easy for them to understand.
- Take a social media break. If you’re living your life glued to social media, you’re less present in this very moment. Being present in the moment and spending less time comparing yourself to other people and their accomplishments is where people tend to find their highest levels of happiness.
- Read or write something near and dear to your heart. Find something lovely that you can lose yourself in for hours.
- Work hard to choose happiness every day. You are going to have good and bad situations and good and bad days. You have to make a conscious choice to work hard for happiness every single day that you can.
I hope these ideas give you lots of inspiration for your self care journey. Let me know what amazing things your self care journey has lead you to!