If you’re anything like me, anxiety can begin to set in or completely attack at any moment. For that reason, I like to be proactive and prepared, to be ready to deal and cope however necessary. I’ve come up with some essentials that I keep on my person or in my Jeep at all times to help me to feel the best that I can at all times.
- Essential oils: my favorites for calming are lavender, chamomile, and sandalwood. You can experiment to find your favorite scents and blends! There are also tons of amazing diffusing jewelry available so that you can take your favorite scents on the go. I use essential oil air fresheners in my Jeep instead of ones with harsh chemicals.
- Relaxation playlist: make a compilation of your favorite calming music to take with you and clear your mind! Some of my favorites include Jack Johnson, The Lumineers, and Vance Joy.
- Journaling necessities: bring your journal, pens, and markers with you wherever you are headed. Having these with you is a great de-stressing activity and writing out your feelings is much like having your own personal therapist. Try writing down 3 or 5 things you are grateful for in that moment and watch how it will turn your mood around!
- Drink some tea: have a cup of caffeine free, delicious and herbal tea (whatever your preferred flavor) and take a couple quiet minutes to yourself to enjoy it. My favorite de-stress tea flavor is chamomile and lavender.
- Walking shoes: nothing clears and quiets the mind like a nice walk outdoors. Curb your anxiety when you feel it begin by giving yourself a break, removing yourself from the environment, and re-gaining some mental clarity.
- A good book: giving yourself even 10 minutes to leave your cares behind and become immersed in the world of a great book can do wonders for your state of mind. Carry your favorite book or the great book you are reading right now to provide a short escape from your stresses
Are there any things that you keep with you or you never leave the house without? I hope from these ideas you’ll be able to come up with your own anxiety survival kit! Best of luck!